Federal IT Consulting Solutions in Washington, DC
Blue Rose professionals have worked in federal IT services for much of our careers. However, unlike many pure IT service companies, we bring unique perspectives to our clients. To begin, we have spent most of our lives translating people requirements into technology solutions.
For example, our leaders worked extensively to incorporate man-machine interface into combat system designs. Instead of the engineers building a system that soldiers had to adapt to, we helped reverse this process to design and build systems around soldier capabilities.
Today, we are working to take this example and apply it to some of the most advanced technology and data challenges facing our Nation.
Of course, we have some of the top professional capabilities when it comes to development, cloud services and data center operations, but our passion is in data analysis and how big data can improve our lives.
- Our Managing Partner, Todd Weiler conceptualized, developed and launched the first social network dedicated to adaptive sports. His passion for helping Wounded Warriors led to this effort, following his work in support of the “Olympic-style” Warrior and Invictus Games. The platform was developed in support of the Department of Defense and promoted over 26,000 adaptive sporting events to an active audience of approximately 30,000 wounded, ill and injured Service Members, veterans and caregivers. The social network also brought together engineers, medical experts, social workers and even Hollywood entertainers to discuss adaptive sports, technology and medical advances. The platform was eventually handed over to the DoD for their sole use.
- At the intersection of IT and business processes, our experts led a comprehensive change readiness assessment for an international development sector client. This effort was in support of major modifications to the client’s global financial management IT infrastructure. Our leaders developed significant modifications to the client’s planned change management strategies, including re-working the business case and extensively altering the training approach.
- Blue Rose professionals led the development of the Army’s first, secure social network. This platform was designed at the direction of the Army G-1 and the Sexual Harassment/Assault Response & Prevention Office (SHARP) to link Army families and leaders in a safe environment to share information and help one another with everyday life faced by military families. The platform was CAC and password enabled and DIACAP certified. Although the Army changed its desire to launch the site, it remains a unique endeavor in creating a critical link between military families.
- For a global multi-lateral development organization, Blue Rose professionals were asked to re-design a global learning program to assist in the roll out of the organization’s new ERP Financial Management (FM) system. The Global FM Learning Program targeted the development of blended learning – combining Instructor Led Training (ILT) Live and Virtual Classroom Courses with Electronic Performance System Support (EPSS) tools - at the “200 (Process) and 300 (Role)” levels for five different stakeholder groups representing over 1000 users worldwide. Working under critical deadlines, Blue Rose professionals delivered the following on-time & under budget:
- 15 separate courses, consisting of ~22.5 hours of classroom instruction time.
- Instructor and Participant Guides for each separate course.
- Supporting Job Aids, consisting of 47 separate Quick Start Guides.
- EPSS Supporting Job Aids, consisting of 40 separate Captivate-based Simulations.
- Multiple Train-the-Trainer sessions to impart critical knowledge to trainers who then conducted subsequent sessions (live and virtually) worldwide.